7.18.2008

Christmas in July?

The kids were silly this afternoon. They decided it would be fun to celebrate Christmas. They pretended they were the parents of a family of stuffed animal children. They also gathered a bunch of their own toys and pretended to unwrap each one all the while commenting on how shiny or cute or cool each thing was. They even blasted some Christmas tunes. So, Christmas in July? I guess anything is possible with a little imagination.

And if you could have Christmas in July why wouldn't you be able to throw in a little Halloween too? A few days ago I ventured into Home Goods with my parents and the kids. This store always has the cutest stuff for your home. As we walked in my mom and I were surprised to see a whole display devoted to Halloween stuff. Can you believe that?! Every year the holidays creep up on us before we even start thinking about them. Apparently, some marketing genius had Halloween on the brain. And, GoshDarnIt, that marketing worked. I ended up walking out of the store with this little jack-o-lantern in the box:


and this funkadelic family portrait wreath:



It seems I have money to burn. Shhh, don't tell the hubby. I don't think he's had time to read the blog yet. Happy Chrismoweenummer!

2 comments:

Andie said...

fuuuuuuuun!!! now i have the "this is halloween" song in my head :D long live halloween!!!

Ann said...

You are so right about how fast they bring up the holidays but I love the fall. An I am going to have to go to Home goods and get so forever decorations.