7.16.2008

Green Clean

This year I decided to start cleaning more naturally. It just seems right for me, my family and my house. Plus, I'm a little less lazy and a little more organized which has helped motivate me to get into action. I found these nifty household cleaners recipes over at Women and Environment. Women and Environment is a wonderful site that helps makes us aware of "the connection between human health and the health of the environment."

So, I gathered my supplies and made some non-toxic household cleaners. I made these sweet little labels too.
Here's what I used to make the All-Purpose Cleaner (recipe found via Women and Environment):
2 cups white distilled vinegar
2 cups water
20-30 or more drops of essential oil (I used Lemon Grass)

Try it out! I think it worked as well as some store bought brands. Plus, you can't beat the fact that you can customize your own scent.

And while we are on the subject of "green" you'll have to check out Ecobunga! It's a pretty awesome site that gives you links to giveaways and coupons for "green" products. Happy "green"ing!

2 comments:

Andie said...

Super cool AND cute! You inspire me so much. I just wish I wasn't so lazy :D

Ann said...

You are such a enabler . Thanks for sharing .