7.12.2009

Art + Science = The Fresno Met

I've been eyeing The Fresno Met since we moved to the area and I finally got us out for a visit. I was expecting so much more out of the trip, but we were still satisfied with what they had to offer. I think the price of admission could be slightly less for adults. At $9 I was hoping to see more art work. The children's admission of $5 was agreeable.

Here the kids are trying to solve one of the many mind-bending puzzles they had displayed in the Brain Teasers 2 exhibit. It was really fun trying to solve these teasers. I have to admit though that even for me some were too hard to solve. I know, I know. I shouldn't have given up so easily. Hey, that means I'll have to go back, right?



The next exhibit(Bob the Builder) proved a little more active and still got your brain tinkering. It sure held their interest and we spent a good deal of time trying out all the cool features.








After all that fun we headed up the stairs for the art. I was able to capture two shots of pieces before a docent gave me the stink eye and said, "No photos." Boo on him. Here are the two I caught. One is of these teeny tiny Chinese Vases that are awesome works of craftsmanship.


This one is an acrylic painting of a drugstore gum display. Pretty suh-weet.



It was a great experience and one that I'm glad we were able to enjoy in a city that is not especially known for its art scene. Way to go, Fresno!

No comments: