12.17.2010

Could be an interesting holiday gift for the Clean Freak or Greenie in your fam

photo via Etsy


I am gaga over these felted dryer balls. I have been using mine for about half a year now and wish I had them many, many moons ago. They really do work in your dryer by helping seperate the clothes during tossing for a shorter drying time which saves energy and money on your PG&E bills. Yay! Plus, they are almost waste-free. No more fabric sheets to toss in the trash. I only use 3 balls, but most people recommend 6. I've been doing okay with 3 but I may end up buying a few more for the new year since I still get a little static cling. Zap!

I purchased mine from Farm Fresh Fiber on Etsy. She's a great seller and you can buy some balls with a little lavender oil to give your clothes an oh-so-fresh scent.

2 comments:

Ann said...

These look so cool and love the fact of no more dryer sheets. thanks for the information. Are you using the oils for scent?

ButterflyChica said...

They are really cool! You should give them a try. I haven't used the oil in a while, but I bought the ones with the lavender oil and the clothes smelled wonderful and don't stain the clothes or anything. The oil only lasts a few dry cycles so you'll have to re-oil whenever you want scented clothes. :)