9.06.2009

Knitting and Bread... is it Fall already?

Andie from She's a Rebel offered a wonderful KAL (knit-a-long)for a sweet and tiny Preemie Hat. The hats will go to The Preemie Project which delivers hats to the University of Iowa hospitals. It is my first experience knitting a hat for The Preemie Project and I look forward to knitting more for them in the future. The hat looks almost normal-sized in the picture, but in reality the hat would fit the size of a tiny doll. I love the little I-cord knob on the top. It makes me smile. It also makes me smile to know the hat will, hopefully, be worn soon by a new, lovely little person.

I used Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Grass on #6 needles.


And because I was knitting and feeling kind of "Fall"ish I decided to bake some Strawberry Bread. Oh yeah, I also decided on strawberry bread because I had an almost whole box of strawberries going bad. I have no idea why they ripened so fast. It must have been that one bad strawberry I found in the middle of the bunch. Errrggghhh. The recipe I used was this one found on Joy of Baking. I used plain yogurt and the bread turned out super moist. I also used some vanilla we picked up on our recent Mexican vacation. It made for a perfect taste. Yum!



So, if you are feeling a little "Fall"ish too, why not get out some knitting needles, knit a preemie hat for a good cause and then bake some most delicious strawberry bread. I do believe the world will be alright... at least for a day.

No comments: