5.03.2010

Food on the brain

I'm not a food blogger. Usually I'm so darn hungry or tired from making and/or baking that I don't take the time to grab snapshots of what we're eating. But, today I did! I was reading a few food blogs this morning and they inspired me to document my food. Right after work I got busy and made these delicious (mmmmmm, mmmmmm, delicous) Lemon Meringue Cupcakes from Omnomicon's site. These cupcakes literally melt in your mouth.



And after dessert we had a delightful lunch. Yes, you read that right. We ate dessert first. Heck, why not? I was inspired by Kiwi Magazine's newest e-mag, Kiwi SLICE to make these scrumptious Parsnip Fries. I paired them with a a hearty green salad of butter lettuce, red leaf lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, snap peas, yellow sweet pepper, spring onions, radishes and drizzled with Good Seasonings dressing. Sorry for the blurry pic. I was focusing on the parsnips and the salad got the short end of the stick.



Now, tonight I have to do something with all the rutabagas I have. Anyone have any good recipes?

1 comment:

Ann said...

looks sooo good!