12.13.2011

Fuhgeddaboudit

Yes, I did just say fuhgeddaboudit. Yes, I do know this saying is hardly used anymore and is old and completely outdated. No, I don't care. It is a word that best describes how I feel about the cookies we made this past weekend. These cookies are da bomb (Uh oh, somebody stop me because I am getting way old skool in the post)!

I present the Nutella cookie. Mmmmm, Nutella. I found the recipes in a local newspaper article. Enjoy!

Our Nutella yumminess.


Basic Dough Recipe
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Sift flour, baking powder and salt. In a seperate bowl combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar and beat with a mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until evenly blended. This dough can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Makes about 4 cups of dough.


Nutella Sandwich Cookies
2 cups basic cookie dough, chilled
1/4 cup Nutella
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted

Preheat oven to 350F. Roll dough to about 3/8-inch thickness on a sheet of lightly floured wax paper. Use cookie cutters to make your "sandwich" pieces. Bake about 8 minutes, or until tops look done. Let cool on cookie sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Spread the Nutella on half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Dust with powdered sugar.

No comments: