7.31.2011

Cheep! Cheep! Chee!



We welcome 3 new little members to our flock! Today we drove down to Portland's Urban Farm Store and got to pick our fave chicks... an Americauna, a Brown Brahma and a Blue Andalusian. They are all equally cute and ohsosweet. And Urban Farm Store rocks! Their staff is super friendly and very knowledgeable. If you live in this area and want to buy chicks, I recommend visiting them for sure!

We have our chicks set up downstairs to stay warm. Luckily, we had a huge empty pond tub that we were able to use. It gives them plenty of room for a little exploring during the day. The kids have already named them. I think the name choices are pretty cool.

Up top is Cookie Monster(Blue Andalusian), in the middle is Penny (Brown Brahma) and on the bottom is Yellow Jacket(Americauna).



We have our coop all built but we have to prepare a little run area for them. I'll have to post pics of the coop next time. I'm super excited to raise these little ladies and look forward to watching them grow and their personalities emerge. I know I shouldn't have a favorite, but I can't help but be drawn to our Americauna. She'll be giving us some greenish blue eggs in a few months and that makes one happy smiley mama.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Oh my heart is soooooo Happy for you!

ButterflyChica said...

Thanks, chica! You need to get some! :D