7.18.2011

Sinkin' into Summer

The move from California to Washington has kept me preoccupied and super busy with unpacking, cleaning and organizing. The kids haven't been quite as preoccupied. I must say I am proud of the way they have kept themselves entertained. It's true they spend a lot of time arguing because they are spending VAST amounts of time together, but, hey, they are learning a valuable lesson here... conflict resolution.

This past Friday I think I finally sank into Summer. A Summer that is spent with the kids and not trying to dig myself out of some moving box. I can't be all work and no play. We know what that makes, right? So, I turned to Nature Rocks which is an AWESOME site full of fun things to do in the great outdoors. No one wants to be stuck indoors. Check out their Summer Activity Guide. You won't be disappointed and neither will the kiddos. Also, The Nature Conservancy has a fun Treasure Hunt printout.

Summer, here we come (fashionably late, of course)!

Our collection for our sunprint.


A pretty yellow wildflower that caught our attention on our nature walk.


Washing some rocks for Rock Archaeology.


Making our way back up the steps to home. My dad did a great job carving them out for us!

No comments: