8.05.2011

Oh Joy!



Joy is a return to the deep harmony of body, mind and spirit that was yours at birth and that can be yours again. That openness to love, that capacity for wholeness with the world around you, is still within you. -Deepak Chopra


I joined Hannah Marcotti's The Joy Up Program and it's been awesome. Taking time to focus on joy is just what I needed. It's not that joy hasn't been in my life, but Hannah's program helps you tune in to it more... to be present with joy and to turn things around when they don't seem very joyous. Heck knows with 2 kids on me 24/7 I really need to see the bright side of certain situations that arise when they get sick of playing together. Also, it's pretty darn cool to really notice the way joy engulfs those around you. It's like you are this beam of light and others are mirrors and joy just keeps getting bounced around all over the place.

Last evening after dinner my hubby was pooped and needed to lay down for a few minutes. The kids felt bad and offered to clean up after dinner for us so we could both rest. They woke us up 15 minutes later and they had actually picked up the whole house!! Now that's the kinda joy I'm talking about!!

There are still down moments, but at least they don't last as long because you remember all the joyful things your life is made up of. I wish my sunflowers could be a part of Hannah's program. For some reason they haven't opened up yet. It's kinda sad. I keep hoping one morning I'll walk into the kitchen and their petals will be spread open wide greeting me with all their "sunshine." Until then, they stay shyfully closed.

No comments: